International Safety Awards
The International Safety Awards 2017 are now open for applications. Organisations are invited to answer 12 questions about their health and safety management and demonstrate their continued commitment to keeping their workers and workplaces safe.
Download the 2016 International Safety Awards Winners' list and watch the highlights of the event here.
Why apply for an International Safety Award?
The International Safety Awards are:
- Independently marked by experienced health and safety practitioners
- An invaluable award endorsing your health and safety management
Benefits of applying:
- Demonstrate your commitment to high standards of health and safety management
- Press coverage for your winning site/business unit
- Attendance at the winners' Gala Dinner
- Use of winners' logo and certificate
- Distinction winners' trophy (available to those attending the Gala Dinner in person and to purchase)
- Winners’ plaque (available to purchase)
- International Safety Awards 2017 - FAQ's
- International Safety Awards 2017 - Guide to completing your online application
- International Safety Awards 2017 - Guidance for applicants
- International Safety Awards 2017 - Marking scheme
International Safety Award winning organisations could be nominated for a 'Sector Award' for outstanding sites and business units within their sector, as judged by our independent adjudicators. This was free to any site/business unit completing a International Safety Award application. The 2017 sector categories are as follows:
- Oil, gas, mining and quarrying
- Power and utilities
- Construction and property activities
- Wholesale and retail services
- Transportation, distribution and storage
- Hospitality and catering
- Health and social care
- Not for profit
- Financial, IT, legal, scientific, technical services and media
- Local government, defence and public services
- Onshore major hazard
A shortlist of 2016 Sector Awards was announced in April, the winners were presented with their certificate on stage at the International Safety Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 6 May 2016 in London.
Health and Safety Champion and Young Health and Safety Champion
Once again we are pleased to invite applications for two individual health and safety awards. These awards were introduced to recognise individuals who, through their passion, commitment and dedication, have helped make a difference by keeping their colleagues and others healthy and safe. Organisations submitting an application for an International Safety Award can take the opportunity to submit one or two employees. The awards are free to enter to any site/business unit completing a 2017 International Safety Award application. The two awards are:
- Health and Safety Champion of the Year
- Young Health and Safety Champion of the Year
Organisations are only able to nominate ONE employee (applicant) for each of these two awards for each site/business unit application i.e. you can submit one for the Health and Safety Champion and one for the Young Health and Safety Champion per application.
Winners will be presented with their award on the stage at the 60th Anniversary and 2017 International Safety Awards Gala Dinner. You can view the 2016 winners here.
60th Anniversary and 2017 International Safety Awards Gala Dinner
2017 marks the 60th Anniversary of the British Safety Council. International Safety Award winners, their colleagues and world leaders in health and safety are invited to celebrate with us at the famous Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Friday 5 May 2017 for a spectacular black-tie event. The event will be hosted by Broadcaster Gabby Logan and attendees can expect to enjoy an evening that included awards presentations, a fine dining experience, fabulous entertainment and dancing.
Find out more about the 2017 60th Anniversary and International Safety Awards Gala Dinner here.
International Safety Awards 2017 - FAQ's
International Safety Awards 2017 - Guide to completing your online application
International Safety Awards 2017 - Guidance for applicants
International Safety Awards 2017 - Marking scheme
International Safety Awards 2017 - Offline application form
International Safety Awards 2017 - Plaque order form
International Safety Awards 2017 - Distinction trophy order form
International Safety Awards 2016 - Winners' list
International Safety Awards 2016 - Chief Adjudicator's report
British Safety Council Events - terms and conditions
Should you have any queries, please contact our customer service team on +44 (0)20 3510 8355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org