Here is a list of common questions that people ask us. If you can’t find what you’re looking for please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: Who can become a member of the British Safety Council?
A: We offer corporate membership to organisations of any size, from any industry sector and in any location around the world. An organisation can register each site separately or as a group membership.
Q: How does my organisation become a member of the British Safety Council?
A: You can become a member online [link to membership product]. Alternatively, you can call our membership team on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: How much does membership cost?
A: The price of your membership depends on the package you purchase.
- UK core membership is £285 + VAT per site, per year
- UK full membership is £385 + VAT per site, per year
- International membership is £500 per site, per year.
Discounts are available for multi-year and multi-site memberships and for debit card payments.
We also offer bespoke packages to multi-site and multi-national organisations.
Q: What is a site?
A: A site is classed as a distinct business unit, with its own postcode/zip code. For example, if you had an office in London and another in Leeds, you could purchase a membership for each site.
You can buy membership for up to five sites online. If you’d like to buy membership for more than five sites, you will be eligible for a group membership discount.
Please contact our membership team on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: What is included in the core membership package?
A: The core membership package is only available in the UK and provides the following:
- 100 free places on our General Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness e-learning course
- Membership certificate and members’ logo to be used on your marketing materials and tender documents
- Monthly Safety Management magazine and associated e-newsletter
- Discount on your International Safety Awards application and other products and services.
Q: Can I upgrade my membership?
A: UK core members can add the Information & Advice and/or Tools & Templates modules at an additional cost of £50 per year each.
International members already have full membership and so no upgrades are necessary.
Q: What is included in the Information & Advice package?
A: All benefits of the core membership are included, plus:
- Unlimited access to our 24/7 helpline staffed by experienced health, safety and environmental professionals
- Access to our online resource portal, Safety Network
- Regular updates about legislation changes and industry-related news.
Q: What is included in the Tools & Templates package?
A: All benefits of core membership are included, plus:
- Risk assessment templates
- Online diagnostic tools to help benchmark health, safety and environmental performance
- Topical posters and guides delivered with your copy of Safety Management, which will help you to spread important health and safety messages around your workplace
- Electronic templates – to add to your logo – are also included to help create a stronger internal awareness campaign.
Q: How do I log into my membership account?
A: When you initially sign up to membership, you will be sent an email with a link to generate your username and password for your account. Visit our website and select `login’ to access your member account.
Q: What happens if I’ve forgotten my password?
A: On the login page select ‘Request new password’ and follow the instructions. Your new password will be emailed to you.
Q: Can I change my password?
A: Yes. You can change your password in your online account once you have logged in.
Q: How do I access the members’ logo?
A: You can download the member logo and associated usage guidelines from your online account.
Q: How do I apply for an International Safety Award?
A: Make sure you have opted-in to receive email communications so that we can inform you when the International Safety Award scheme is open. It usually runs from September to February.
You can access the online application from your membership account or from the International Safety Award web page.
Q: How do I get additional copies of Safety Management magazine?
A: You can buy additional copies of Safety Management from our website at a discounted member rate.
Q: How do I get additional copies of the guides and posters?
A: By adding the Tools & Templates module to your membership package you will be able to download extra copies of the posters and guides from your member account. You will also receive them with your printed copy of Safety Management magazine.
You can also buy additional copies from our website at a discounted member rate.