What is British Safety Council membership?
As one of the largest, most trusted corporate health, safety and wellbeing membership organisations in the world we work alongside our members to achieve the vision that no one should be injured or made ill through their work.
Our members are invited to work together to help drive best practice and influence health and safety policy through our sector interest groups as we continue to strive for excellence in workplace health, safety and wellbeing.
Who is it for?
Thousands of businesses ranging from small independent start-ups to large multinational organisations have put their trust in us for over 60 years.
As a member you will have access to the latest expert guidance and information through our comprehensive conference programme, webinars, sector interest groups as well as exclusive discounts on selected products and services and much more.
Why choose British Safety Council?
Demonstrate your commitment to health, safety and wellbeing
Stay updated on latest industry news and policy with monthly e-alerts
Remain compliant with practical tools and resources
Encourage staff development with 100 e-learning places across 15 courses
Gain exclusive invitations and discounts on awards and events
International membership benefits
Members gain access to our comprehensive suite of health, safety, environment and wellbeing resources.
Download the British Safety Council member logo for use on your website, business cards, tender documents, marketing materials, company merchandise, and wherever else you may like to use it.
You will find the member logo in your online account, along with guidelines on how it can be used.
100 free online training courses
Your membership package provides your employees access to our leading general health, safety, wellbeing, and environmental awareness courses.
Claim 100 free places each year.
Members can now choose to mix and match their free course options from:
- General HSE Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Working at Height
- Display Screen Equipment
- Avoiding Slips and Trips
- Driver Safety Awareness
- Data Protection
- Managing Stress within your team
- Mental Health: Manage the conversation
- Mental Health: Start the Conversation
- Mental Health: Stress Awareness
- Remote Workers Health, Safety and Welfare
- Working with Hazardous Substances
- Fire Warden at Work
Safety Management magazine
Safety Managementmagazine is for everyone with health, safety and wellbeing responsibilities who needs to stay informed about the latest news, legislation and best practice in the field. It is a combination of relevant and thought-provoking news, features, profiles and opinions for readers in all industries and business sectors.
Enjoy a monthly email newsletter and daily news updates online.
As a member you can enjoy discounts on several of our products and services, including:
- Tickets to legislative updates and workshops
- Discounted tickets to our Annual Conference and invitation to free members only pre-conference session
- Discounted International Safety Awards application
- Selected training programmes
- The Croner-i Navigate-Safety Complete service from Croner-i is available to British Safety Council members at an exclusive discount of 30% (for members with core membership) and 50% discount (for members taking the Advice Module). The services provide instant access to all the information and resources needed to stay compliant, with clear, practical advice and template documents and forms to maintain a safe workplace.
Free Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite
Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite is now included automatically with British Safety Council membership. It is ideal for those looking to keep up to date with the latest news, issues and developments in health and safety.
- What’s New – daily relevant news items
- Features – recent developments and best practice articles authored by practitioners
- Q&As – frequently asked questions and model answers on a range of topics
- Topic quick facts and summaries – clear, concise summary information, giving an overview of a subject
- Toolkits – practical step-by-step guides with links to useful resources on the product.
Weekly Croner-i eAlerts
All British Safety Council members receive the Croner-i eAlerts service at no extra cost. This provides weekly updates on all the new health and safety content added to your product that week, delivered straight to your inbox.
For times when you need a little more advice, our telephone helplines through Croner-i provide that extra guidance and support, help you manage risks, understand legislation and compliance requirements as well as save you time.
- Croner-i 24/7 health & safety legal information hotline - unlimited access to highly qualified and experienced health and safety professionals
- Croner-i HR support line - unlimited access to experts (CIPD Level 7 and solicitors) who can advise on areas such as changing employment legislation and HR best practice
- Annual legislation and best practice update - with attendance certificate.
Tools and templates module
This module gives you access to a range of downloadable templates, for example risk assessments, for use in your business.
You will also receive a monthly poster and guide on different health and safety topics. You can download posters from your member account and customise them with your logo if you wish.
Who can become a member of British Safety Council?
We offer corporate membership to organisations of any size, from any industry sector and in any location around the world. An organisation can register each site separately or as a group membership.
How much does membership cost?
The price of your membership depends on the package you purchase.
- International membership is £572 + VAT per site, per year.
We also offer bespoke packages to multi-site and multi-national organisations.
Can I upgrade my membership?
International members already have full membership and so no upgrades are necessary.
What is included in the core membership package?
The core membership package is only available in the UK and provides the following:
- Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite is now included automatically with British Safety Council membership. It is ideal for those looking to keep up to date with the latest news, issues and developments in the health and safety sector.
- 100 free places on our General Health, Safety, Environmental Awareness and Wellbeing e-learning courses
- Membership certificate and members’ logo to be used on your marketing materials and tender documents
- Monthly Safety Management magazine and associated e-newsletter
- Discount on your International Safety Awards application and other products and services.
What is included in the Advice Module?
All benefits of the core membership are included, plus:
- Croner-i 24/7 health & safety legal information hotline - unlimited access to highly qualified and skilled health and safety professionals
- Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite platform
- Croner-i eAlerts - provides weekly updates on all the new health and safety content added to your product that week, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Annual legislation and best practice update - with attendance certificate
- Access to our webinar programme.
What is included in the Tools & Templates module?
All benefits of core membership are included, plus:
- Risk assessment templates
- Online diagnostic tools to help benchmark health, safety and environmental performance
- Themed posters and guides which will help you to spread important health and safety messages around your workplace
- Customisable templates are also included to help create a stronger internal awareness campaign.
What is Croner-i Navigate-Safety Complete (full version)?
The Navigate-Safety Complete service from Croner-i is available to British Safety Council members at exclusive discounts of up to 50%. The services provide instant access to all the information and resources needed to stay compliant, with clear, practical advice and template documents and forms to maintain a safe workplace.
Features in addition to what is offered in Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite include:
- Legal register tool (UK members only) – a user-friendly management tool to help track legal compliance
- Legislation tracker (UK members only) – summaries of relevant upcoming and recently in force legislation as well as key government consultations
- Case reports – summaries of Health and Safety Executive prosecutions
- In-depth topics – details of everything you need to know on a subject, from legal requirements through to practical advice, with all the relevant resources in one place
- International topics – an overview of health and safety requirements in other countries
- In-house training modules – ready-made modules including trainers’ notes, handouts and presentation slides, covering everything from fire safety to stress management
- A library of resources – non-branded, ready-to-use and customisable audit forms, risk assessment templates, model policies and checklists etc. to save you and your organisation time
- Compliance and standards – pdfs of key publications, from Acts, Statutory Instruments and EU legislation to Building Regulations, Fire Safety Guides and HSE publications. Also 4 British Standards in full, including BS ISO 45001.