Essential for every responsible manager, this course highlights some of the pressures their teams might face, helps managers become more aware of their own actions and behaviours, and most importantly it helps manage and reduce stress levels within their team.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
In 2016, a CIPD study has found that only 10% of managers have received proper training on how to manage mental ill health in the workplace.
Managers and team leaders were found to be the key drivers between good wellbeing at work and staff taking extended time off because of stress and pressures in their day to day.
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Managers who complete the course will be able to:
- Recognise what they may be doing that causes stress for others
- Recognise the ill-health effects from stress
- Reduce the risk of stress for others
- Reduce the impact of stress on team performance
- Support employees who are experiencing stress.
The course takes 45 minutes to complete and can be taken in sections.
Why choose the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
Study skills and examination techniques are embedded throughout
- Practical tips on how to prevent, manage and reduce stress within their team
- Video led, following the story of a team
- Personalised feedback
- HSE Management Standards integrated throughout
- It can be taken using a desktop, a tablet, or a mobile device
- It can be downloaded using our Learning Zone app.
Try the course for free
Who would take this course?
Any line manager responsible for the wellbeing of their team.
Are you a team member? Go to our Stress Awareness course
The Mental Health at Work Report 2017 recommends workplaces talk, train, and take action. This course targets all three recommendations.
Find more stress related courses here.
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then online training is the answer.
Why digital learning?
- Study wherever and whenever suits you
- Perfect for people with busy lives
- Most cost-effective way to study