This course provides line managers with an understanding of how to support the health and wellbeing of people within their team.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
What is it?
Only 25% of professionals think managers within their organisations are confident and competent to spot the early warning signs of mental ill health. 33% of employees haven’t had their wellbeing checked on by their manager since the start of the pandemic. 46% of companies say they have an ad-hoc approach to wellbeing based on reacting to employer need. Research from Gallup found that people with a bad manager had even worse wellbeing than those without jobs.
Line managers have a busy and demanding role, with many different pressures and success measures to meet. On top of this, many will not have been trained on the people management side of their role, and therefore these responsibilities can prove challenging, especially if they are new to line management.
Given the influence managers have on determining employee health, wellbeing and engagement, people professionals need to ensure that the line managers within their organisations have the tools, guidance and support channels to effectively provide support to those they manage.
We can help you understand the impact and importance of a joined up, holistic and strategic approach to wellbeing. The Workplace Health and Wellbeing Training Course for Line Managers is a 3 hour course, which explores:
- What wellbeing is, how it relates to health and safety, and why managing wellbeing is so important
- How and why many organisations get it wrong
- The manager’s role in managing wellbeing and the importance of managing their own wellbeing
- How line managers can support their team and organisation in respect of health, safety and wellbeing.
Our expert facilitators can visit your workplace (or virtually) and deliver 2 sessions per day to a group of 20.
Who is it for?
Line Managers with either teams they manage or groups they influence / coach. Also, individuals responsible for health, safety or wellbeing within their organisation.
Why choose us?
- We are one of the first organisations to take a truly holistic, integrated approach to health, safety and wellbeing
- We are one of the world’s leading health, safety and wellbeing organisations
- Our health and wellbeing courses are designed by experts in health, safety and wellbeing
- Courses are student-centred and interactive.
What's in it for you?
At the end of the session, the attendees will have a greater understanding of:
- What is wellbeing (and what it isn’t)?
- How does wellbeing relate to health and to safety?
- The 7 domains of wellbeing
- Relationship between physical and mental health, and the impact on health and safety
- Consider the priorities when managing health, safety and wellbeing.
- Wellbeing for Managers
- Your role as a manager
- Your behaviours and how they impact the people you manage
- Actions that good managers adopt
- Managing remote workers
- Dealing with mental health and stress
- Having difficult conversations.
- Managing your own wellbeing
- Physical wellbeing
- The importance of sleep (linked back to safety)
- Mental wellbeing
- Mental health awareness
- Emotional intelligence
- Stress management
- Time management
- Financial wellbeing
- Other aspects of wellbeing
- How can BSC support your organisation
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Increase their understanding of what wellbeing is and why it should be high on their agenda
- Identify the key trends in wellbeing
- Understand what impacts individual wellbeing and their particular risk areas
- Understand why managers play a crucial role in the wellbeing agenda
- How to manage absence, mental health and long-term conditions
- How to engage their team and communicate wellbeing effectively.
How can I study?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes. We can deliver the course at your workplace or Live Online.
Mix and match your sessions
You can now mix and match your mental health sessions to make a half or full day course to suit you. Contact us to find out more.
Why choose the British Safety Council
Either virtual class or we can visit your workplace or a third party venue and deliver this course on dates of your choice.
- Cost-effective method that can be tailored to your organisation
- Creates a study community with your colleagues
- Allows you to tailor the training to your organisation.