Health and Safety for Directors and Senior Managers is an interactive course that provides practical advice on effective leadership in health, safety and wellbeing.
The course is particularly important following the introduction of the new sentencing guidelines, which have seen multi-million-pound fines imposed on companies and an increase in the number of directors receiving immediate custodial sentences.
Bulk discounts apply! Please note: discounts will be applied to the online course once the products are in your basket. Contact [email protected] for bulk purchases of training centre or in your workplace training.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Learning is student-centred and interactive
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
Why choose this course?
At the end of the course, directors and senior managers will understand their personal liabilities in relation to health and safety, how to reduce risk in the workplace, and the positive impact that good health and safety can have on the bottom line.
Learners start the course with a scenario-based exercise. Participants play the role of directors of a fictitious organisation where there has been a fatal accident. They discover the consequences of the accident for the organisation and for them as individuals.
Learners are then encouraged to reflect on the quality of the health and safety management systems in their own workplaces and their personal leadership in respect of health and safety. The course includes the latest think around mental health and wellbeing, and how to tackle work-related stress and presenteeism.
By the end of the course students will:
- Understand the health and safety requirements placed on organisations and individuals
- Understand how to reduce risks to people and the business
- Understand how good health and safety will support the bottom line
- Assess how well safety, health and wellbeing is being led within their organisation
- Understand the latest thinking on wellbeing, mental health and stress management
- Reflect on and identify improvements to their personal leadership in relation to health and safety.
Students finish the course with a personalised action plan to help implement the practices they learn.
Try the course for free
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then online training is the answer.
Why digital learning?
- Study wherever and whenever suits you
- Perfect for people with busy lives
- Most cost-effective way to study
Face To Face
Our well-equipped training centres allow you to get away from the distractions of the workplace and focus on your training for the day.
Benefits of Face to Face training
- Engage with your tutor
- Opportunity to network with other students
- Free from workplace distractions
Get all the benefits of structured classroom learning but with the convenience of the digital world, studying where you like.
Benefits of Virtual Classroom
- Benefits of both digital and face to face training
- Engage with group discussions
- Interact with our expert tutors
Either virtual class or we can visit your workplace or a third party venue and deliver this course on dates of your choice.
- Cost-effective method that can be tailored to your organisation
- Creates a study community with your colleagues
- Allows you to tailor the training to your organisation.