To win one of our annual International Safety Awards, applicants are required to answer a series of questions about their health and safety management which are marked by a panel of independent adjudicators.
Applications for the 2017 International Safety Awards are now closed.
Organisations were invited to answer 12 questions about their health and safety management and demonstrate their continued commitment to keeping their workers and workplaces safe. This year’s winners can be found here.
When applying for an International Safety Award, you can also be nominated for a Sector Award for outstanding sites and business units within your sector. This is free to any site/business unit completing an International Safety Award application.
The 2017 sector categories were as follows:
- Oil, gas, mining and quarrying
- Power and utilities
- Construction and property activities
- Wholesale and retail services
- Transportation, distribution and storage
- Hospitality and catering
- Health and social care
- Not for profit
- Financial, IT, legal, scientific, technical services and media
- Local government, defence and public services
- Onshore major hazard.
Sector award winners were presented with their certificate on stage at the 60th Anniversary and International Safety Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 5 May 2017, London. Shortlisted applicants can be viewed below.
Health and Safety Champion and Young Health and Safety Champion
Applicants are also invited to nominate individual employees who, through their passion, commitment and dedication, have helped make a difference by keeping their colleagues and others healthy and safe. This is a great opportunity to recognise exceptional performance by your staff.
The awards are free to enter to any site/business unit completing a 2017 International Safety Award application. The two awards are:
- Health and Safety Champion of the Year
- Young Health and Safety Champion of the Year.
Winners were presented with their award on the stage at the 60th Anniversary and 2017 International Safety Awards Gala Dinner.
International Safety Awards Gala Dinner
The 2017 Gala Dinner, held on the 5 May 2017 in London, marked the 60th Anniversary of the British Safety Council. International Safety Award winners, their colleagues and world leaders in health and safety were invited to celebrate with us at spectacular black-tie event at the Grosvenor House Hotel.
The event was hosted by broadcaster Gabby Logan, attendees experienced an evening that included awards presentations, fine dining, fabulous entertainment and dancing.
- Gain recognition from our independent panel of experienced health and safety practitioners
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent health and safety standards
- Promote your achievement with the winner’s logo, certificate, commemorative plaque and press coverage for your winning site
- Attend our winners’ Gala Dinner
- Enter our best-in-class ‘Sector Award’
- Nominate your employees for Health and Safety Champion awards
- Show your employees that their safety is your top priority.
“The British Safety Council's Gala Dinner is an excellent opportunity to celebrate our organisations success in health and safety. It is a brilliant night and is a great way of rewarding the team for a year’s worth of hard work.”
How to apply
Our International Safety Awards scheme opens in October for the following year. We provide the marking scheme and a range of resources to support your application. Organisations from around the world are welcome to apply.
Should you have any queries, please contact our customer service team on +44 (0)20 3510 8355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.