Three out of four employees say they have experienced poor mental health. In the UK, every week, more than 100 people take their own lives.
We can help you raise mental health awareness among 140 staff in a single day.
Feedback has been entirely positive. Comments have included:
“Clear, simple, relevant”
“Relaxed and informal”
“At the right level for employees”
“Very worthwhile. Glad I attended”
17 out of 20 students recently rated this workshop as "Excellent".
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
By the end of the session, learners will:
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'
- Understand the pressures facing people at work and outside work
- Understand how these pressures affect mental health
- Understand why people are reluctant to talk about mental health
- Know ways of looking after one's own mental health
- Know the signs that someone else needs help
- Know what to say/do if someone else needs help
- Recognise that's it's OK (and indeed beneficial) to talk about mental health
How is this delivered?
We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice and deliver these 45-minute sessions.
In your workplace
We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice and deliver these 45-minute sessions to up to 7 groups of 20 people – an effective way of raising mental health awareness among 140 employees in a single day.