Mental Health: Start the Conversation
‘Start the conversation’ is a 45-minute session which gets people thinking about mental health and talking about mental health. Live Online learning now available for in-company training.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
Three out of four employees say they have experienced poor mental health. In the UK, every week, more than 100 people take their own lives.
We can help you raise mental health awareness among 140 staff in a single day.
Feedback has been entirely positive. Comments have included:
“Clear, simple, relevant”
“Relaxed and informal”
“At the right level for employees”
“Very worthwhile. Glad I attended”
17 out of 20 students recently rated this workshop as "Excellent".
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
New: Live Online Learning
Get all the benefits of structured classroom learning but with the convenience of the digital world, studying where you like.
Students join remotely using a PC, laptop or tablet and download the relevant software in advance to enable access to the tutor-led workshop. Throughout the workshop, students can see and interact with the tutor and with each other.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
By the end of the session, learners will:
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'
- Understand the pressures facing people at work and outside work
- Understand how these pressures affect mental health
- Understand why people are reluctant to talk about mental health
- Know ways of looking after one's own mental health
- Know the signs that someone else needs help
- Know what to say/do if someone else needs help
- Recognise that's it's OK (and indeed beneficial) to talk about mental health
How is this delivered?
- Learning Zone - This course may be purchased online and studied immediately on our Learning Zone Platform
- Enterprise – Our Enterprise Learning Management System is suitable for companies wanting to purchase more than 100 licences
- Your LMS - It may be purchased as a packaged SCORM file for consumption on your own platform.
- We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice and deliver these 45-minute sessions.
Online - instant access
Mental Health: Start the Conversation is available for purchase by individuals or organisations who can deliver it via our industry-leading Learning Zone platform, a cost-effective way of providing online courses to any number of staff across multiple sites or divisions. Once enrolled, users have access to the course for one year and may review the content at any point.
This course may also be studied offline using our app.
Bulk discounts apply
Need more than 100 licenses? Give us a call on +44 (0)20 3510 8355
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple and secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Friendly and effective support service by telephone and e-mail