Remote Workers' Health, Safety and Welfare
Remote working is working away from the office. This may mean working at home, but it also includes mobile-working anywhere in the world. Employers are required to protect the health, safety and welfare of all employees. This includes those working remotely. Employers are also responsible for all equipment they supply.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
This new 30 minute course includes a hazard-spotting game, a driving game testing reaction times, and continuous interaction with a fictional digital manager. It provides employees with sufficient information to protect themselves, others and the environment from harm whilst working remotely. It is equally suited for stand-alone use or as part of an induction programme.
Learners are encouraged to think about policies and procedures in their own workplace and must pass a short multiple-choice assessment to complete the course. The course also includes a self-assessment form for remote workers to complete.
Over the duration of the course remote workers will learn how to:
- Identify hazards and assess risks in their remote working location
- Perform remote working tasks safely
- Comply with legal duties relating to remote working
- Reduce risks to physical and mental health and to promote own well-being
- Report issues, concerns and incidents in their working environment
- Plan for and manage emergency situations that may occur away from their workplace.
Who would take this course?
This course would be suitable for any employees that work remotely all or part of the time.
Why choose the British Safety Council
Study wherever and whenever suits you
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Learning is student-centred and interactive
Designed by experts in health, safety and education
How can I study?
- Learning Zone - This course may be purchased online and studied immediately on our Learning Zone Platform
- Enterprise – Our Enterprise Learning Management System is suitable for companies wanting to purchase more than 100 licences
- Your LMS - It may be purchased as a packaged SCORM file for consumption on your own platform.
Online - instant access
Remote workers' health, safety and welfare is available for purchase by individuals or organisations who can deliver it via our industry-leading Learning Zone platform, a cost-effective way of providing online courses to any number of staff across multiple sites or divisions. Once enrolled, users have access to the course for one year and may review the content at any point.
This course may also be studied offline using our app.
Need more than 100 licenses? Give us a call on +44 (0)20 3510 8355
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right digital courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email.