Additional Award Winners 2021
We would like to congratulate the individuals, teams, initiatives and organisations who have won awards as part of the 2021 International Safety Awards Scheme. These awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements around the world amongst those who have made exceptional efforts to ensure peoples’ health, safety and wellbeing.
Best in Sector Winners
- Construction and property - Henshall and Sheehy Support Services
- Construction and property - MA KHARAFI AND SONS LLC - DUBAI MUNICIPALITY PROJECT
- Financial, IT, legal, scientific, technical services and media - Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP
- Health and social care - NHS Property Services Ltd
- Hospitality and catering - King Street Townhouse Hotel
- Local government, defence and public services - Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council - Headquarters Plazas
- Manufacturing - Engro Fertilizers Daharki
- Not for profit - Southdown Housing
- Oil, gas, mining and quarrying - Kuwait National Petroleum Company
- Onshore major hazard - Malaysian Refining Company Sdn Bhd
- Power and utility – AES Jordan
- Transportation, distribution and storage - Unipart Logistics
- Wholesale and retail services - KOTON MAĞAZACILIK TEKSTİL SANAYİ VE TİCARET A.Ş.
Best in Country Winners
- Bahrain– (joint winners) Bahrain National Gas Company and MC6 Industrial.
- Bangladesh– Lakdhanavi Limited
- Bosnia and Herzegovina– China State Construction Engineering Group Co Ltd - Construction of Motorway on Corridor Vc Section Počitelj–Zvirovići (LOT1)
- Bulgaria– AES Maritza – Galabovo
- China (mainland) – (joint winners) China State Construction Engineering Construction Co. Ltd and The Second Construction Limited Company of China Construction Eighth Engineering Division
- Egypt– The Third Construction Co. Ltd of China Construction Fifth Engineering Division Corp. Ltd
- Ethiopia– China State Construction Engineering Ethiopian PLC
- Guatemala – Cementos Progreso S.A.
- Hong Kong (Greater China) – China State Construction Engineering (Hong Kong) Limited
- India– Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Indonesia– PT. China State Construction Overseas Development Shanghai (Indonesia)
- Italy– GAe Engineering and COIMA - Porta Nuova 2021
- Jordan– AES Jordan PSC
- Kuwait– Kuwait National Petroleum Company
- Malaysia– Malaysian Refining Company Sdn Bhd
- Maldives– Zhongtian Construction Group Co. Ltd
- Netherlands– Winthrop Engineering & Contracting Ltd
- Nigeria– Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals Limited, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Oman– Oman Sustainable Water Services S.A.O.C.
- Pakistan– Engro Fertilizers Limited - Daharki Plant
- Qatar– ASHGHAL - GALFAR AL MISNAD - Roads and Infrastructure in Al Wajba East-Package 01 (DW016-P01)
- Russian Federation– China Construction First Group Corporation Limited
- Saudi Arabia– Tasnee Petrochemical Complex, Jubail
- Singapore– POKB JV
- Sri Lanka– Lakdhanavi Limited
- Trinidad and Tobago– S.M. Jaleel & Co. Ltd
- Turkey– GARANTİ BBVA
- Uganda– China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd
- United Arab Emirates– MA KHARAFI AND SONS LLC - DUBAI MUNICIPALITY PROJECT
- UK– Henshall & Sheehy Support Services Ltd
Best in Company
L&T Construction PT&D IC – UG Cabling Visakhapatnam Package 02, China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East LLC and China Construction First Group Corporation Limited-Mirkaaz Mall Project
Free to Enter Award Winners
The CEO Award recognises the leadership and strategic vision of a CEO who has made a vital contribution to the health and safety of their business and to wider society in 2020. The winner this year is: Syed Rizvi from the Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company.
The Team of Year Award recognises outstanding achievements resulting in a significant improvement to health, safety or wellbeing, from a collaboration of stakeholders. The winner this year is: the Covid-19 Crisis Team from the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
The James Tye Award honours the founder of the British Safety Council. James campaigned tirelessly to improve the health, safety and welfare of people at work. He founded the British Safety Council in 1957 and continued to support it until he died in 1996. The winner this year is: Heineken Ltd.
The Wellbeing Initiative Award powered by Being Well Together recognises organisations that can demonstrate a proactive and effective approach to improving employee wellbeing. This must be through a new or unique objective with a clear and measurable outcome, over and above the organisation’s routine work. This year there are joint winners: PiLON Ltd - University of Surrey and Axis Group Services.
The Health and Safety Transformation Award recognises organisations that have changed or transformed any aspect of health, safety or wellbeing to a significant extent through the use of information. Applicants were required to describe the transformation, how it was used and its positive impact. The award is sponsored by Croner-i, one of the leading providers of information and guidance for businesses in fields such as health and safety, the environment and human resources. The winner this year is: Central Power Services Ltd.
The Health Safety Wellbeing Ambassador of the Year Award recognises the exceptional contribution of an individual ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of their work colleagues and others. This year there are joint winners: A Baskar from L&T [PT&D] Qatar and Aisla Edwards from Chevron Traffic Management Limited.
The Crisis Response Award recognises organisations that have gone the extra mile to protect their employees, supply chain and wider community against any crisis faced in 2020. This year there are joint winners: Chevron Traffic Management Limited and Dubai Municipality.
The Financial Wellbeing Award recognises organisations that have demonstrated a proactive and effective approach to improving employee’s financial wellbeing. The winner this year is: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited - COIMBATORE IRD.
The Chief Adjudicator’s Award is bestowed to organisations that scored the highest in the International Safety Award application. This year there are joint winners: MA KHARAFI AND SONS LLC, AES Jordan PSC and Henshall & Sheehy Support Services Ltd.