1. This agreement for Membership of the British Safety Council is subject to the Terms and Conditions set out in this document and is between British Safety Council of 70 Chancellors Road, London, W6 9RS (Company No. 04618713) (“BSC”) and you (the “Member”).
2. In this Agreement the following definitions shall apply:
“Fees” mean the fee for the Membership Period, as set by BSC from time to time, together with VAT thereon at the prevailing rate, “Membership” means corporate membership of the British Safety Council. “Membership Period” means each 1, 2 or 3 year period, as stated in the membership application, commencing on the date Membership is granted by BSC to Member and each anniversary thereof during the term of this Agreement. “Sites” mean a physical location from which the Member carries on its activities.
Application to become a member
3. Each Membership may only be granted in respect of one or more named Sites. Locations not named in the application will not be included within the scope of the Membership and the Member may not make use of the Member benefits, including without limitation the member logo, in respect of those locations.
4. BSC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse any application for Membership.
Payment and Terms
5. In consideration of being granted Membership the Member agrees to pay the Fees in the manner and as set out in this clause.
5.1. BSC shall, prior to the start of each Membership Period, submit to Member an invoice for the Fees in respect of that period.
5.2. Member shall pay any invoice submitted by BSC under this clause within 3 days of the invoice date. Credit or debit card and direct debit payments can also be made.
6. Subject to acceptance of Member’s application and receipt of the Fees in full, BSC shall grant Member Membership for the relevant Membership Period, commencing on the date payment is received by BSC. Thereafter BSC may invite Member to renew their Membership on a rolling basis, in which case a renewal notice will be sent to Member prior to the start of each Membership Period. Payment for a renewal must be received in full by the expiry date to ensure uninterrupted service provision. In the case of late payments, the renewed Period will commence on the day after the expiry date of the original Membership Period.
7. Once Membership has been granted Member will receive a certificate of Membership and have access to the benefits of Membership.
8. Access to and use of Safety Network is subject to the Terms and Conditions – Safety Network.
9. Member shall not do anything which will bring or is likely to bring the reputation of the BSC into disrepute.
10. Member shall notify BSC in writing of any change of their name, address, telephone, fax number, e-mail address or contact name.
11. This Agreement shall automatically terminate if Member :
11.1. Fails to pay Fees within 30 days prior to the commencement of any Membership Period; or
11.2. Has a receiver, administrator or administrative receiver or liquidator appointed to it or becomes subject to an administration order; or enters into any voluntary arrangement or composition with its creditors; or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business; or if any analogous situation to any of the above occurs in relation to it under the law of any jurisdiction.
12. This Agreement may be terminated by notice with immediate effect by BSC, without liability to Member, if:
12.1. BSC considers that any act of Member brings, or is likely to bring, the reputation of BSC into disrepute and/or;
12.2. Member is in material breach of this Agreement and fails to remedy such breach (if the same is capable of remedy) within thirty (30) days of being required by written notice to do so.
13. In the event of termination of this Agreement for whatever reason:
13.1. Membership of BSC shall cease with immediate effect;
13.2. BSC shall not be liable to pay in whole or in part any Fee already paid, nor shall Member be entitled to damages in respect of any loss or damage caused by termination; and
13.3. Member shall immediately cease to make use of and display the members’ logo, at its expense.
14. BSC reserves the right to publish or disclose to third parties, the names of any organisations stating or implying they are members or displaying or using the members’ logo where they are no longer fully paid members, or the Membership has been terminated as a result of a breach of the terms and conditions.
15. BSC shall keep all personal data confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be pass such date on to third parties for commercial use without the Member’s prior consent.
Use of BSC Insignia, Member’s Logo and Copyrighted Material
16. Member shall not be entitle :
16.1. To use any trade mark, insignia or logo owned or associated with BSC (except for the members’ logo in accordance with terms and conditions as laid out below); and British Safety Council Membership Terms and Conditions June 2013
16.2. To copy and issue to members of the public any copyright material including pamphlets, brochures, handouts, posters and films produced by or on behalf of BSC.
17. Members are provided with a specific members’ logo for use on their websites and printed material to demonstrate their commitment to working towards health, safety and environmental best practice. Samples of all items featuring BSC’s name and/or logo must be submitted to BSC for approval prior to publication. Please contact +44 (0) 20 8741 1231 for details.
18. Member acknowledges that BSC does not in any way endorse Member or Member’s products or services. Member shall not at any time expressly or by implication claim that BSC has or will endorse Member or Member’s products or services.
19. BSC may withdraw from Member permission to use the members’ logo:
19.1. At any time with immediate effect upon written notice to the Member if Member is in breach of this Agreement and fails to remedy such breach (if the same is capable of remedy) within seven (7) days of being required by written notice to do so.
19.2. At any time upon giving not less than one (1) month’s prior written notice to Member.
20. In the event that permission to use the members’ logo is withdrawn Member shall immediately cease to make use of and cease to display the member logo and see to it that any stocks of materials bearing BSC’s name and logo shall be withdrawn from distribution and destroyed at Member’s sole expense. By agreeing to these terms and conditions Member acknowledges that this is reasonable in order to safeguard the rights of BSC.
21. Member shall only use the member logo in connection with the Member’s business premises. Where the logo is used on a corporate website, care should be taken to identify only Member’s sites with the members’ logo.
22. BSC’s name and logo may be used only in accordance with BSC’s style sheet (provided with the logo)
23. The logo should appear exactly as in the approved code or images provided by BSC. No alterations are permissible.
24. The electronic logo should be hyperlinked to www.britsafe.org and failure to fulfill this requirement may result in withdrawal of permission to use the logo. Free e-learning places for the British Safety Council Introductory Course in Health and Safety offer
25. Member will receive 100 free places for the British Safety Council Introductory e-course during each Year. BSC shall issue Member with a voucher code with which to access the e-courses. Access to the e-course is only permitted through the Member’s account area of BSC’s website. Voucher codes are non-transferrable and non-refundable and have no cash value. The voucher code must be used only once to claim the full amount of 100 free e-courses and will be considered fully redeemed at that point. The voucher cannot be used against any other BSC e-courses. E-course not used during the relevant Year cannot be carried forward to subsequent years. Once a learner is registered on the course, this is deemed to be ‘used’. Courses used up as an administrative error by Member cannot be recredited or transferred to another learner. This offer is subject to availability and BSC reserves the right to change or withdraw this free Membership offer at any time regardless of the number of courses taken up. Courses cannot be re-sold or used for any direct commercial gain by Member.
26. BSC reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and the benefits of Membership at any time. All Membership benefits are non-transferable and exclusively for use by Member.
Law and jurisdiction
27. This agreement will be governed by English Law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this Agreement.