Lead Auditor Course - Occupational health and safety management system/45001 : 2018
Completing an audit the right way saves you time, money and helps you proactively find and manage occupational risk in your organisation. Upskill yourself as an auditor and gain the knowledge to effectively lead, scope, deliver and report on an audit.
What’s in it for me?
- Learn the skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001
- Improve the audit competency of your organisation.
Who is it for?
- Health and safety professionals that wish to become a lead auditor
- Anyone that may be responsible for the internal or external auditing.
- Current auditors who wish to upskill themselves.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
Our tutors are experienced auditors who were involved at national level with the development process of ISO 45001
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our workshop includes a practical auditing session
What to do before the course
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
a) Occupational health and safety management
The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements ISO 45001
b) Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing our ISO 45001 Requirements training course, or the equivalent.
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO
45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate.
- Upon completion of the course the participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
How can I study?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes.
You can attend a course at one of our training centres or we can deliver the course in your workplace.
In your workplace
We can visit your workplace and deliver the workshop on a date of your choice. This is an effective way of training a group of people as it saves on travel costs and allows students to keep in touch with work.
Why at your workplace?
Cost-effective option for a group of learners
Expert teaching by an experienced tutor
Class discussions can be company-specific
Allows students to keep in touch with work
At a training centre
London - Hammersmith
BSC - Learning Zone
70 Chancellors Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 9RS, United Kingdom View in google maps
Our well-equipped training centres allow you to get away from the distractions of the workplace and focus on your qualification.
Why a training centre?
Focused study away from workplace distractions
Expert teaching by an experienced tutor
Tutor support for individual learners
An opportunity to interact with and learn from other students