Food handlers must therefore do everything they can to keep food safe and protect customers from ill-health and injury.
This online course is for is food handlers in manufacturing businesses.
Why choose us?
We offer high-quality tutorial support, excellent materials, exceptional support to all our students and the creation of an engaging and positive learning environment
We have been a trusted provider of health, safety sustainability and wellbeing education for over 65 years, with exceptional pass rates.
Available on your system via SCORM
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Outline the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment and safe food handling
- Describe how to report food safety hazards, infestations and food spoilage
- Outline the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Describe effective personal hygiene practices, for example, protective clothing and hand washing
- Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- State the importance of safe waste disposal
- Outline the importance of pest control
- State the risk to food safety from contamination and cross contamination
- State how contamination of food can cause illness or injury
- Describe safe food handling practices and procedures
- Explain the importance of temperature controls
- Describe stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage to include recognition, reporting and disposal.
The course is followed by a multiple-choice examination which leads to a certificate, confirming your knowledge and understanding of Food Safety for Manufacturing principles.
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then online training is the answer.
Why digital learning?
- Study wherever and whenever suits you
- Perfect for people with busy lives
- Most cost-effective way to study