Start studying IOSH Managing Safely immediately to gain a Managing Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
Our leading online instant access course is based on the latest v5 syllabus and contains the following learning aids:
- Audio narration
- Interactive exercises
- Engaging videos
- Hazard spotting exercise in realistic environments
- Knowledge checks and practice assessments
- Downloadable study text.
Just £200 + VAT (Save £50 - expires 1 October 2018). Terms and conditions apply.
If you want to start studying straight away, in your own time, wherever and whenever suits you, then this online highly-flexible training course is the answer.
We constantly receive excellent feedback, recent quotes include:
“Excellent method of learning such an important subject.”
“The contents are very well arranged, and the information is very clear and written in a simple way which is easy to understand by non-native English speakers.”
“IOSH course recommended. Quick turnaround to my email following an enquiry sent to British Safety Council. Answered the question accurately and in a timely manner.”
“I think the fact that there is clear audio in addition to the slides made the learning more engaging and keeps the audience interested.”
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Designed by experts in health, safety and education
Learning is student-centred and interactive
Study skills and examination technique are embedded throughout
Pass rates are consistently above the national average
What's in it for me?
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage health and safety within your team
- Be awarded a Managing Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation
- This certificate offers a distinct advantage to anyone seeking a managerial or supervisory position.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify how the law can have an impact on health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, assess their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the characteristics and benefits of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good health and safety performance.
When the interactive exercises are completed, you can take the assessment followed by the risk assessment task. The assessments are taken on the same platform as the learning itself, providing a seamless experience. They must be completed within five months of registration.
The course is arranged into seven modules
- Introducing managing safely
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance.
If you have any questions about our IOSH training courses, please visit our FAQs page.