At the venue
Please arrange your travel so that you arrive at the venue and the course room no less than 15 minutes before the scheduled session start time. Please see your personalised joining instructions for details of the scheduled start and end times.
When arriving at the venue, please check in with Reception and they will direct you to your training room.
The dress-code is business casual.
Dietary and/or mobility considerations
If you have any out of the ordinary dietary or mobility considerations that we should be aware of, please get in contact with our customer services team on [email protected] stating the nature of the consideration and making sure to tell us the title and date of the course you are attending.
- Catering – The course agenda includes a mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshment break and a light lunch
- Course materials – Depending on the course these can be quite bulky. You will also receive a notepad, pen and delegate name card from the course tutor
- Use of laptops/tablets – The use of laptops and tablet devices during sessions is solely at the discretion of the course tutor. There is no access to power for devices in the room so please ensure that any permitted devices are fully charged prior to the start of each day.
Travelling to London by rail
The closest train station to the Hammersmith venue is Hammersmith Tube Station; this is on the London Underground network (accessed via the Circle, district, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Piccadilly lines). From Hammersmith station, the British Safety Council is a 10 minute walk.
For more information on all of London’s transport options including network maps, journey planners and timetables for trains and buses as well as taxi information, please visit www.tfl.gov.uk.
Travelling to London by road
Buses - Hammersmith is reached by 20 bus routes - 33, 72, 209, 266, 283, 419, 485, 609, 9, 10, 27, 72, 190, 211, 220, 267, 283, 295, 391, and H91.
Cars - We would advise visitors NOT to drive and park at the British Safety Council due to the lack of parking availability.
Travelling to London by air
London is generally served by London Heathrow which is located approximately 15 miles to the West of the city and London City airport in the centre. Both have excellent transport links.
London Heathrow Airport
- London Underground - The most cost-effective rail route to London. Piccadilly Line trains run from all terminals and journey time is 50 – 60 minutes.
- Heathrow Express - The fastest rail link between Heathrow and central London. Non-stop trains run to Paddington station every 15 minutes. Journey time is 15 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3 (up to 20 minutes from Terminals 4 or 5).
- Taxi - London taxis are available outside each terminal. The cost to central London is £45 – £70 and the journey time is approximately one hour*.
London City Airport
- The best way of getting from London City Airport to all areas of London is via the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) and London Underground. Please see the following website for more information www.tfl.gov.uk.
- Taxi - London taxis are available outside the terminal. The cost to west London is approximately £45 and the journey time is approximately 45 minutes*.
* Costs and journey times are estimates only and should be treated as a guide only. Details may vary due to the time of travel and traffic conditions.
Please Note: All journey times are estimates only and subject to service issues and congestion.
We very much look forward to seeing you at your course.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact our customer service team at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.