Your Live Online course
Live Online means that:
- You join remotely using a computer or tablet
- You will be able to see the tutor and PowerPoint slides
- You can interact verbally with the tutor and with the rest of the group.
Prior to the course
You will receive a link to the Zoom course. Note: you do not have to download Zoom on to your device; you can join via the web.
‘Start the conversation’
‘Start the conversation’ is a 45-minute session which gets people thinking about mental health and talking about mental health.
‘Train the facilitator’ will teach you how to confidently deliver the 45-minute ‘Start the conversation’ to your employees.
Train the facilitator is a 3-hour workshop. Please speak to your company organiser about the exact timings for your group.
By the end of the session, learners will:
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'
- Understand the pressures facing people at work and outside work
- Understand how these pressures affect mental health
- Understand why people are reluctant to talk about mental health
- Know ways of looking after one's own mental health
- Know the signs that someone else needs help
- Know what to say/do if someone else needs help
- Recognise that's it's OK (and indeed beneficial) to talk about mental health.
Sometimes students experience distress when mental health topics are being discussed. Should this happen to you, your experienced and caring tutor will ensure you are given appropriate support.
We hope you enjoy the workshop and find it beneficial. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.