On the first day, please arrive by 0845 to register your attendance and verify your identity.
Each day will start promptly at 0900 and finish between 1645 – 1700.
Verification of identity
NEBOSH requires learners to verify their identity.
Please bring TWO forms of evidence, ONE from EACH of the lists below.
Evidence must be the original document. Photocopies or electronic images will not be accepted.
List 1 (photographic)
- Driving licence (showing photograph)
- National authority issued visa or citizen identity card (showing photograph)
List 2 (non-photographic)
- Bank statement from the last 6 months showing name and address
- Utility bill from last 6 months showing name and address
- Council tax statement from last 6 months showing name and address.
There is no pre-reading for this qualification.
We will provide you with a textbook, handbook and practice examination questions.
Please bring a notebook and pen.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate comprises two units:
NG1 Management of health and safety
NG2 Risk assessment
The syllabus can be found here
NG1 is assessed via a 2-hour written examination.
NG2 is assessed via a workplace-based risk assessment task.
You will need to spend at least 24 hours revising for your written examination. You will be given advice on how to revise effectively.
Booking your assessment
Assessments are booked and paid for via your British Safety Council Account Manager. If you wish to amend an assessment booking, please contact your Account Manager on 020 8741 1231.
Examination transfers are subject to availability and may incur additional fees.
Assessments are available in English only.
NEBOSH recommends that non-native speakers undertaking this qualification should have a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.0 or higher. For further information please consult the IELTS website: http://www.ielts.org/.
You are about to embark on a challenging programme of study, but one which should enhance your knowledge and understanding of health and safety management as well as your professional status.
The British Safety Council will:
- Provide a classroom environment which is conducive to learning
- Use suitably-qualified and experienced tutors to deliver the classroom teaching
- Cover all the syllabus learning outcomes
- Provide or direct you to all the information you need to pass the qualification
- Provide you with expert advice on revision and examination technique
- Respond in a timely manner to any queries
- Be diligent and courteous at all times.
- Attend all scheduled classroom sessions*
- Contribute to classroom activities in a positive manner
- Endeavour to be active, rather than passive in terms of learning
- Complete two hours of homework each night while on the course
- Complete the required number of revision hours
- Pay particular attention to advice regarding revision and examination technique
- Bring any learning difficulties to our attention at the earliest opportunity.
* If you are unable to attend a session, it is your responsibility to read the relevant chapters in the textbook.
British Safety Council training policies
To view our training policies please click here.
NEBOSH terms and conditions
Prior to starting your course please familiarise yourself with the NEBOSH General Student Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
There will be a feedback form to complete at the end of the course. As well as providing feedback to the British Safety Council, you are able to provide feedback directly to NEBOSH ([email protected]) and to their regulator, the Scottish Qualifications Authority ([email protected]).