Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 08:30 hours to register your attendance and verify your identity.
The course will start promptly at 08:45 and is scheduled to finish at 17:00. (please note: timings are subject to change at the discretion of the course tutor).
Verification of identity
Verification of your identity must be completed on the first day of your course. A learner who does not verify their identity will be deemed to have failed their assessment.
To verify your identity, please bring two forms of acceptable evidence from the list below and show them to your tutor. Evidence must include at least one item that has a photograph/image/Biometric of you. All evidence must be supplied as original documents. No photocopies, electronic images or any other simulation of documentation will be accepted.
Forms of acceptable evidence
- A current passport
- A UK or other nationally issued current driving licence
- A national authority issued visa or citizen identity card
- A current bank statement showing your name and address
- Current utility bills showing your name and address
- Current council tax statement showing your name and address.
Please bring your preferred form of personal stationery with you, so that you can use what will help you learn most effectively.
- Paper to write on e.g. in a file, pad or notebook
- Sticky notes.
Please be aware that you will need to do 2 hours homework each night after attending the course, and a minimum of 48 hours revision for each exam.
You are about to embark on a challenging programme of study, but one which should enhance your knowledge and understanding of health and safety management as well as your professional status.
The British Safety Council will:
- Provide a classroom environment which is conducive to learning
- Use suitably-qualified and experienced tutors to deliver the classroom teaching
- Cover all the syllabus learning outcomes
- Provide or direct you to all the information you need to pass the qualification
- Provide you with expert advice on revision and examination technique
- Respond in a timely manner to any queries
- Be diligent and courteous at all times.
- Attend all scheduled classroom sessions*
- Contribute to classroom activities in a positive manner
- Endeavour to be active, rather than passive in terms of learning
- Complete at least 50 hours of revision
- Pay particular attention to advice regarding revision and examination technique
- Bring any learning difficulties to our attention at the earliest opportunity
- Prior to you beginning your programme of study please familiarise yourself with the NEBOSH General Student Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
* If you are unable to attend a session, it is your responsibility to read the relevant chapters in the textbook.
The qualification comprises three units:
|NGC1||Management of health and safety|
|NCC1||Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities|
|NCC2||Construction health and safety practical application|
NGC1 and NCC1 are assessed via 2-hour written examinations. The practical assessment (NCC2) is completed in your workplace and must be submitted within 5 working days of the written examinations.
This is a Level 3 qualification which is equivalent to an A-Level. The amount of study should not be underestimated and you should make sure that your diary is as clear as possible. You are advised to negotiate some ‘breathing space’ with your employer in which to undertake your revision and complete the practical assessment.
The syllabus can be downloaded from the Nebosh website here.
At the start of the course you will be issued with a textbook.
Assessment registration and fees
Assessments are booked and paid for via your British Safety Council Account Manager. If you wish to amend an assessment booking, please contact your Account Manager on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Examination transfers are subject to availability and may incur additional fees.
British Safety Council Policies
To view our policies please click here.
There will be a feedback form to complete at the end of the course. As well as providing feedback to the British Safety Council, you are able to provide feedback directly to NEBOSH [email protected] and to their regulator, the Scottish Qualifications Authority at [email protected].
If you have any queries prior to your course, please contact our customer service team at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.