The adoption of an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) is intended to enable an organization to improve its OH&S performance in the enhancement of health and safety at work, and to manage its OH&S risks. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective OH&S MS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills to help improve your organization's OH&S performance.
You'll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising of an OH&S management system
You should have a good knowledge the key principles of an OH&S MS.
What will I learn:
You will learn about:
- The guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011:2011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing OH&S management systems, ISO 45001, BSC Five Star Audit and best practice.
Gain the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on OH&S management systems audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization's capability to manage its OH&S management systems
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- Detailed course notes
- On completion and passing, you will be provided with an internationally recognized BSC certificate