Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance. The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering introduces the basic principles of food safety.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Importance of food safety management procedures
- Food safety legislation
- Enforcement of food safety legislation
- Temperature control
- Control of contamination and cross-contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal
- Food premises and equipment
- Pest control
- Food safety hazards
- Controlling food safety hazards
- Monitoring and reporting food safety
- Evaluating food safety control and procedures
- Staff training
- Effective communication
The course concludes with a 60-question multiple-choice examination (90 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 40 out of 60.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).