Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care provides essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety in health and social care settings. The qualification covers the following topics:
- The main duties of employers and employees
- Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety standards
- Requirements for training and competence
- The ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
- The main hazards in health and social care
- The risks associated with exposure to infectious diseases
- The process for carrying out a risk assessment
- The risk control hierarchy
- Controls for common microbiological hazards
- The importance of suitable protective clothing and equipment
- The need for good hand washing and how it is practised
- Cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and decontamination
- The safe use and storage of cleaning materials
- The correct procedures for dealing with waste, sharps and spillage
- The welfare arrangements that should be provided
- Arrangements for emergencies and first aid
- Actions to be taken following an incident
The course concludes with a 30-question multiple-choice examination (45 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 20 out of 30.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
We hope that you enjoy the course and we wish you the best of luck with the examination. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.