Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing introduces the basic principles of food safety. The qualification covers the following topics:
- Food safety procedures
- Food safety hazards
- Legal responsibilities
- The importance of personal hygiene
- Effective personal hygiene
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and tidy
- Pest control
- Sources and risks and good contamination
- Injury and illness caused by contamination
- Safe food handling practices and procedures
- Temperature control procedures
- Stock control procedures
- Controlling food spoilage
The course concludes with a 30-question multiple-choice examination (45 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 20 out of 30.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).