Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue 15 minutes before the start time to register your attendance. This is a half day course.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace provides a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace. The qualification covers the following topics:
- Key terms used in health and safety
- Duties of employers and employees
- Main hazards and risks in the workplace
- Benefits of good housekeeping
- Health and safety signs and their meanings
- Personal protective equipment and its use
- Welfare facilities that should be provided
- The importance of personal hygiene
- The purpose of first aid provision
- Reporting of health and safety incidents
The course concludes with a 20-question multiple-choice examination (30 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 13 out of 20.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
We hope that you enjoy the course and we wish you the best of luck with the examination. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.