Isn't health and safety a lifetime away or for other people to worry about?
In fact your lack of experience when you start work can get you hurt. And you may already have a part-time job, a summer job or be doing work experience. Click here for info on working age, hours and minimum wage.
Remember work is like any other part of life. The chance of getting hurt in most workplaces is pretty low. But some things at work can hurt you or might hurt someone else. Click here for some common hazards and risks.
Stress can lead to injury or worse. Click here for information on stress symptoms and what you can do about it.
Follow our tips and links below and you'll add an extra layer of protection.
- If it feels unsafe it probably is. Stop what you’re doing. SPEAK UP.
- Trust your instincts and be confident. SPEAK UP.
- Don’t pretend you know or can do something if you’re not sure. SPEAK UP.
- Be prepared and alert – tiredness, drink and drugs don’t help you be safe. SPEAK UP.
Speak Up, Stay Safe Tips
If it feels unsafe it probably is. Stop what you’re doing. Don’t pretend you know how to do something if you’re not sure. Be prepared and alert – tiredness, drink and drugs make you unsafe. Use your instincts. SPEAK UP
- Thank you to our Young Filmmakers Competition 2017 entrants! Watch this space for updates. #FilmBSC #BSC60years https://t.co/QF4JebJxqh — 1 week 6 days ago
- RT @KristenVols: Room is filling up @NCVO for our breakfast session on value of #volunteering. Join the discussion using #valueofvols — 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Today it's time to talk about mental health. This video explores the dangers of silence https://t.co/v0FIzhbQom… https://t.co/oTNDDAitSb — 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Young Filmmakers Competition ending today. Send your entries by midnight for a chance to win £1000 in vouchers!... https://t.co/PSh7hK9AHI — 3 weeks 5 days ago