The Entry Level Award has been been really well received and enjoyed by the young people taking part…they have learnt vast amounts through the activities and the feedback from staff has been excellent.
Youth Support Services Liaison Officer, Neath Port Talbot Youth Service
For delivery by an Approved Centre.
A young person is seriously injured in a UK workplace every 40 minutes. In the last ten years, 66 under-19s have been killed at work.
This qualification is aimed at 14-19 year olds before they embark on work experience or their first job.
Learners will find out about health and safety hazards, safety signs, personal protective equipment and the responsibilities of employers and employees.
Assessment is via a simple portfolio of evidence which is marked by the centre and externally moderated.
Recommended learning and assessment time is 6 - 8 hours.
Centre and qualification approval is free to organisations delivering the qualification to 14-19 year olds in full-time education.
Candidate fee: £12.75 + VAT (including certificate)
- Become an approved centre: www.britsafe.org/products/centre-approval
- Pricing for delivering this qualification only: Please contact us on the phone number or email below
- See the exam price list per candidate: www.britsafe.org/qualifications/fees.
Student resource sheets
Construction risks: an apprentice's view (video)
Need help selecting a qualification?
Contact us Request call back
"The safeguarding and wellbeing of our students is of paramount importance. I am delighted that our students have a firm understanding of health and safety and the capacity to minimise hazards and risks in the workplace."
St John Houghton Catholic School
"It was good to see so many students engaged and enthusiastic. The qualification has given us a chance to ensure that all of our students receive some high quality information and advice before embarking on work experience."
Assistant Head Teacher
How it works
- Centres register their candidates online.
- Centres deliver the learning.
- Candidates complete their portfolio of evidence.
- Structured evidence sheets are available to help candidates.
- Learning and assessment takes about 6-8 hours.
- Centres mark the work against the assessment criteria.
- Centres enter the marks online.
- We invoice for these candidates.
- We request a sample of work for moderation.
- The sample of work is checked by an external moderator.
- Results and certificates are issued.