Mental Health: Listen, Support and Signpost
This is a one-hour interactive workshop that provides mental health and wellbeing champions with the opportunity to discuss issues openly with peers, and explore how they can adapt their role and support to colleagues in the current (COVID-19) environment. Live Online learning now available for in-company training.
Our Listen, Support and Signpost workshop provides support and guidance to in-house mental health and wellbeing champions. This is a one-hour interactive workshop that provides mental health and wellbeing champions with the opportunity to discuss issues openly with peers, and explore how they can adapt their role and support to colleagues in the current (COVID-19) environment. The sessions are facilitated by trained practitioners who are there to provide advice and guidance
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace. If you would like support in developing or optimizing an existing mental health and wellbeing champion or first aid model, please contact the Mates in Mind team.
New: Live Online Learning
Get all the benefits of structured classroom learning but with the convenience of the digital world, studying where you like.
Students join remotely using a PC, laptop or tablet and download the relevant software in advance to enable access to the tutor-led workshop. Throughout the workshop, students can see and interact with the tutor and with each other.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experienced mental health first aid instructors
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
At the end of the workshop learners will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of mental health and wellbeing champions
- Know how to spot the signs of mental ill-health
- Know situations requiring the application of mental health first aid skills and how to apply them remotely
- Understand the professional support services available.
Benefits to your organisation
- Better manage and support your employees who undertake mental health support roles
- Teaches staff to effectively support and signpost professional support services
- Strengthens the mental health ‘culture’ in the organisation.
How is it delivered?
Currently being delivered Live Online due to the COVID-19 situation.