Mental Health First Aid Champion course
The Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) One Day course from MHFA England gives people the awareness and skills to be a MHFA Champion. MHFA Champions have the knowledge to advocate for mental health and ability to recognise if someone may need support with their mental health.
Trained Mental Health First Aid Champions in your workplace can promote greater understanding of mental health and help build a mentally healthy workplace. They can play a significant part in ending stigma and discrimination around mental health in the workplace.
Upon completion of the course learners receive a Mental Health First Aid Champion certificate from MHFA England.
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are qualified MHFA England Instructors
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
At the end of the programme learners will have gained the:
- Ability to recognise the symptoms of mental ill-health
- Understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health and awareness
- Skills to support positive wellbeing.
Benefits to your organisation
- Upskills staff to talk confidently about mental health
- Teaches staff to recognise employees who may have mental health issues
- Strengthens the mental health culture in the organisation.
In your workplace
Our expert tutors can visit your workplace and deliver this course to groups of up to 16 employees.
Why in your workplace?
Cost-effective option for a group of learners
Expert teaching by an experienced tutor
Class discussions can be company-specific