Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment
This online course is for people who carry out workplace risk assessments and provides essential knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
This online course is for people who carry out workplace risk assessments and provides essential knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process.
The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- State the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill-health
- Outline the ethical, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill-health at work
- Define key terms associated with risk assessment
- Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill-health prevention
- Outline the legal requirements for risk assessment * Describe a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work
- Outline a method that can be used to prioritise risks
- Outline the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment
How can I study?
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email