Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling
This online course is aimed at all employees and provides essential knowledge and understanding of manual handling practices. The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Outline the potential injuries and ill-health associated with incorrect manual handing
- Outline employers’ and employees’ duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email