Level 2 Award in Principles of Fire Safety
This online course is aimed at all employees and provides essential knowledge and understanding of fire safety in the workplace. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used
- Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace:
- Outline the content of a fire safety briefing
How can I study?
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard – see at a glance where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications – never have to remind people again
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email