Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
This online course is for people who work with hazardous substances. It highlights the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to reduce those risks. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Outline employers’ and employees’ duties relating to hazardous substances at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with statutory duties
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information
- Define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances
- List the different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- Describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- Outline the five step process of risk assessment
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- Describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
How can I study?
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard – see at a glance where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications – never have to remind people again
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email