Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This online course is for all employees and provides a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace. The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
This online course is for all employees and provides a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Outline employers’ and employees’ duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Outline the requirements for training and competence in the workplace
- Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
- Define the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- Outline the process for carrying out a risk assessment
- Describe how risk assessment can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health at work
- Describe the hazards that may be found in a range of workplaces
- Describe how hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace and the environment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy
- List examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
- State the common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health
- Identify the actions that might need to be taken following an incident in the workplace
- List the arrangements that should be in place in a workplace for emergencies and first aid
- Outline why it is important to record all incidents, accidents and ill-health
How can I study?
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard – see at a glance where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications – never have to remind people again
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email