Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination which leads to an accredited qualification.
This online course is for all employees and provides a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
The course includes a range of e-Learning interactions and a downloadable study text. Approved centres can book a multiple-choice examination, which leads to an accredited qualification.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- State what is meant by health and safety at work
- Define the key terms used in health and safety
- State the main legal responsibilities of employers and employees with respect to health and safety
- Indicate the hazards and risks with reference to slips trips and falls, working at height, manual handling, hazardous substances, machinery and vehicles, electricity, fire, stress.
- Identify the benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised workplace.
- State the importance of maintaining suitable environmental conditions
- Outline the welfare facilities that should be provided
- Identify the different classes of health and safety signage
- Explain the need for reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses
- Identify the purpose of first-aid provision
- Identify the types and uses of personal protective equipment
- Outline the importance of personal hygiene
How can I study?
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard – see at a glance where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications – never have to remind people again
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email