City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The Level 3 NVQ is for people who have an element of responsibility for health and safety in their workplace. It allows learners to prove their knowledge and competence using written narrative statements with documented supporting evidence of their practical application. It is for learners who wish to develop their skills and knowledge about occupational health and safety good practice within the workplace.
City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is for people who have an element of responsibility for health and safety in their workplace. It allows learners to prove their knowledge and competence using written narrative statements with documented supporting evidence of their practical application.
The NVQ Certificate is for learners who wish to develop their skills and knowledge about occupational health and safety good practice within the workplace. Typical roles include team leaders, supervisors, safety representatives, managers and heads of department.
There are no formal examinations. The assessment criteria are categorised into learning outcomes and then into broader units. Each unit covers different aspects of health and safety management techniques.
Learners are expected to achieve the qualification within 12-18 months and will receive support for up to two years.
On completion of the qualification, learners will receive a City & Guilds certificate.
Price: £1,495 +VAT
Studying for an NVQ with us guarantees you access to:
Continuous enrolment - schedule start on any date
Dedicated and highly-experienced NVQ assessors
Unlimited support via our online NVQ portfolio, email and telephone
British Safety Council’s expertise acquired over 60 years
What's in it for me?
We are one of the largest National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) assessment centres for health and safety to offer the City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Learners receive high quality support. The programme is overseen by a team of highly experienced and competent assessors who provide individual support for learners throughout their qualification.
Once you have received your certificate from City & Guilds we will invite you to celebrate your achievement at a drinks reception with a formal presentation and photograph.
To achieve the Level 3 NVQ Certificate, learners must complete seven mandatory units.
The following five units are mandatory:
1. Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
2. Develop procedures to safely control work operations
3. Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
4. Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
5. Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace.
They must complete two of the following units:
6. Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
7. Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
8. Review health and safety procedures in the workplace
9. Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace.
Learners can complete units in any order to best suit their current projects and workload.
Learners will be assigned an assessor, who is an experienced health and safety practitioner and will be responsible for:
- Attending an initial portfolio visit at the learner’s workplace to meet, discuss the qualification
- requirements and help develop a completion schedule
- Assessing learners’ narrative statements and documented supporting evidence and giving them
- feedback, including any corrective actions required
- Offering advice and answering learner queries
- Arranging and conducting a mandatory workplace observation and professional discussion with learners.
Ongoing assessor support is provided via email, phone/Skype calls and online portfolio feedback.
How can I study?
Balancing life and work can be difficult, which is why we offer this as an alternative to academic qualifications. Vocational qualifications assess the application of practical skills and knowledge in the workplace, rather than being classroom and exam-based.
Accredited by City & Guilds, competency-based qualifications are one of the most popular methods of progression with learners and employers as they demonstrate an individual’s ability to carry out work-related tasks.
Why do an NVQ?
It is an accredited competency-based qualification, created using nationally defined occupational standards
Flexible and compatible with your work and personal circumstances
Perfect for people unable to take time out of the workplace to attend a course
Assessment of practical skills and application of knowledge
No formal examinations