Data Protection with GDPR
Human error accounts for 88% of all data breaches reported in the UK as found from the Information Commissioner's Office data. Breaching the regulations could lead to fines of up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover. This online course will make all staff aware of the regulation in just 40 minutes.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a EU regulation created to help strengthen data protection in countries within the European Union (Brexit will not affect its implementation).
With companies using more data than ever before, it is essential that staff working with personal data need to know how to deal with requests and avoid breaches.
The course uses relatable examples, including social media and online shopping, to help learners understand why protecting data is so important. It covers the Data Protection Act in detail and explains the GDPR changes that came into effect on 25 May 2018.
Learners must pass a short multiple-choice assessment to complete the course.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the most common ways data is collected, used and stored
- Identify the risks of misuse of personal information
- Explain the regulations that organisations must comply with, including GDPR
- Explain the rights of individuals regarding their data
- Reduce the risk of data breaches
Who should take this course?
Anyone in your organisation who comes into contact with personal data, including customer records.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) changes came into effect on 25/05/2018. It ensures companies will not misuse personal data and hold them accountable if they do.
Download our GDPR guide
Why choose the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Study wherever and whenever suits you
Designed by experts in health, safety and education
Learning is student-centred and interactive
How can I study?
- Learning Zone - This course may be purchased online and studied immediately on our Learning Zone Platform
- Enterprise – Our Enterprise Learning Management System is suitable for companies wanting to purchase more than 100 licences
- Your LMS - It may be purchased as a packaged SCORM file for consumption on your own platform.
Online - instant access
Data Protection with GDPR is available for purchase by individuals or organisations who can deliver it via our industry-leading Learning Zone platform, a cost-effective way of providing online courses to any number of staff across multiple sites or divisions. Once enrolled, users have access to the course for one year and may review the content at any point.
This course may also be studied offline using our app.
Bulk discounts apply
Need more than 100 licenses? Give us a call on +44 (0)20 3510 8355
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple and secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Friendly and effective support service by telephone and e-mail