British Safety Council Certificate in Food Safety for Manufacturing
This online course is for is food handlers in manufacturing businesses. A high standard of food safety protects consumers’ health and helps to maintain the reputation of the business. Food handlers must therefore do everything they can to keep food safe and protect customers from ill-health and injury.
The course is followed by a multiple-choice examination which leads to a certificate, confirming your knowledge and understanding of Food Safety for Manufacturing principles.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Outline the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment and safe food handling
- Describe how to report food safety hazards, infestations and food spoilage
- Outline the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Describe effective personal hygiene practices, for example, protective clothing and hand washing
- Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- State the importance of safe waste disposal
- Outline the importance of pest control
- State the risk to food safety from contamination and cross contamination
- State how contamination of food can cause illness or injury
- Describe safe food handling practices and procedures
- Explain the importance of temperature controls
- Describe stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage to include recognition, reporting and disposal.
How can I study?
Online - instant access
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then online training is the answer.
The online programme includes interactive e-Learning exercises, a downloadable study text and knowledge tests.
You have 6 weeks to complete the course and assessments once enrolled. The enrolment period begins once a learner is registered in the system, not on purchase.
Structured and easy to follow programme
Study wherever and whenever suits you
Perfect for people with busy lives
Most cost-effective way to study for this qualification
Course includes comprehensive range of materials
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple yet secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard – see at a glance where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications – never have to remind people again
- Fast and friendly support service by telephone and email