‘Manage the conversation’ gives line managers the skills and confidence to help employees with their mental health. Live Online learning now available for in-company training.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
Managers and supervisors are increasingly being approached by employees who are suffering with poor mental health. For many managers, this is a challenging prospect and they may find this kind of conversation difficult.
‘Manage the conversation’ will provide line managers with the skills and confidence to listen to and talk with someone who feels that they need to share a problem regarding their mental health.
The programme is not intended to provide technical knowledge on mental health conditions, nor does it cover treatment options for sufferers of mental illness.
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Why choose the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are great facilitators
No 'death by PowerPoint' – this workshop is student-centred, interactive and outcome-based
At the end of the programme line managers will have gained a basic understanding of:
- What mental health is
- What stigma is and ways to overcome it
- Ways to care for your own mental health and support the mental wellbeing of others
- Some common mental health issues
- How to respond to someone who you believe may imminently take their own life
- Some basic communication skills that will increase your confidence in being able to listen and talk with someone in need of emotional support.
Benefits to your organisation
- Upskills line managers to talk confidently about mental health
- Allows line managers to help employees who may have mental health issues
- Strengthens the mental health ‘culture’ in the organisation
- Equip managers to respond appropriately if they believe a colleague is likely to imminently take their own life.
Try the course for free
Either virtual class or we can visit your workplace or a third party venue and deliver this course on dates of your choice.
- Cost-effective method that can be tailored to your organisation
- Creates a study community with your colleagues
- Allows you to tailor the training to your organisation.
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then online training is the answer.
Why digital learning?
- Study wherever and whenever suits you
- Perfect for people with busy lives
- Most cost-effective way to study