Primary purpose of the role
To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees by providing firm strategic direction to achieve Mates in Mind’s vision, that ‘Every organisation provides a positive mental health workplace ‘.
As part of the Trustee Board, members are responsible for holding Mates in Mind ‘in trust’ for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Setting and maintaining Mates in Mind’s vision, mission, values and strategic direction
- Being responsible for the performance of Mates in Mind and for its corporate conduct
- Ensuring that Mates in Mind complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Acting as guardians of Mates in Mind’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- Identifying risks to Mates in Mind, its reputation, operations and activities, and ensuring that there are suitable risk controls and mitigations in place
- Ensuring that Mates in Mind’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
Trustees are expected to attend an induction session at Mates in Mind prior to their first Board meeting and all Board meetings. Board meetings are usually held six times a year during normal office hours at Mates in Mind’s office in Hammersmith or elsewhere in London.
Relevant paperwork will be distributed one week in advance of all meetings for your prior perusal, and all Trustees are expected to acquaint themselves with the contents.
Becoming a Trustee of Mates in Mind is not accompanied by financial remuneration; However, out-of-pocket expenses incurred in travelling to meeting or events can be claimed.
At this exciting time, we are looking for new Trustees with senior-level strategic experience from backgrounds that may include legal, fundraising, commercial and general business with Board level experience.