Frequently Asked Questions – About Us
- A charity which offers support on matters relating to occupational safety & health and environmental (SHE) management.
- A membership organisation which listens to its members and represents their views.
- Engaging and thought provoking, using various media to influence and effect change.
- Champions of good practice and continual improvement, both of which we promote through our Awards schemes and our Five Star Audits.
- Educators of future generations of SHE professionals through the provision of high quality professional training.
Our vision is that no-one should be injured or made ill at work.
Yes – we are a charity and everything we do is for public benefit.
Our main focus is young workers. We offer health & safety qualifications for school students and young people and we campaign for the safety of young workers.
No – we generate our own funds through revenue generating activities centred on membership, auditing and training.
We have thousands of corporate members representing organisations of all sizes and across all sectors.
Yes – we operate in more than 50 countries.
Yes – our business management system conforms to ISO 9001 and our awarding body is regulated by the UK qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual).
Yes – and by adhering to this standard we ensure that people are at the heart of our organisation and that their skills, efforts and performance are recognised as an inherent part of achieving real success as a charity.