International Safety Awards 2018 Winners
The results for this year’s International Safety Awards have now been published.
Congratulations to all of our winners and we look forward to seeing you at the International Safety Awards Gala Dinner.
The International Safety Awards is a remarkable way of demonstrating that your organisation is on the right track when it comes to Health and Safety . . . It can also be used as a powerful tool when influencing the Leadership team on initiatives for continuous improvement.
Free to enter awards
We are inviting applications for our free to enter awards until the 16 March 2018.
- Health and Safety Champion of the Year. Sorry, applications have closed.
- Young Health and Safety Champion of the Year. Sorry, applications have closed.
- Award for employee wellbeing initiative. Sorry, applications have closed.
- Award for innovation to improve occupational health and safety. Sorry, applications have closed.
Winners will be announced at the International Safety Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 27 April 2018. Book your place today
Seven reasons to apply for an International Safety Award
- Recognition – boost the prominence of the work delivered by you or your team and get the recognition you deserve
- Grow your organisation – winning an award has led many successful organisations to find new clients, new partners and new opportunities.
- Independent validation – gain endorsement from our independent panel of expert health and safety practitioners
- Cultivate new talent – winning or being shortlisted for a Young Health and Safety Champion of the Year propels people aged under 24 along an incredible career path
- Become a trailblazer – new awards in Wellbeing and Innovation give your organisation the opportunity to get the recognition you deserve as leaders in these critical fields
- Four free awards – providing the smallest and newest organisations the opportunity to be recognised alongside established organisations
- Be part of something special – Reward your teams and celebrate your achievement at our Gala Dinner in London
Sorry, applications for the International Safety Awards have closed.
Book your place at the 60th International Safety Awards Gala Dinner, or click below to register your interest in next year's scheme.
International Safety Awards and Gala Dinner
International Safety Awards
The International Safety Awards are the most prestigious global awards to recognise commitment to good workplace health and safety management.
The awards include:
- Distinction Awards
- 13 Sector awards
- Health and Safety Champion of the Year (Free to enter) Sorry, applications have closed.
- Young Health and Safety Champion of the Year (Free to enter) Sorry, applications have closed.
- Award for Employee Wellbeing Initiative (Free to enter) Sorry, applications have closed.
- Award for Innovation to Improve Occupational Health and Safety (Free to enter) Sorry, applications have closed.
The International Safety Awards are now in their 60th year which will be marked at our Gala dinner. The dinner will take place at Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Friday 27 April 2018 and is open to anyone with an interest in workplace health and safety.
Why you should attend the Gala Dinner
- The most prestigious event in the industry calendar
- Fantastic chance to celebrate your success and reward your employees
- A great opportunity to network with over 800 people from the industry
- An opportunity to entertain clients
- A great night out in London, a fine dining experience will be followed by live music and dancing.
How to enter
The International Safety Awards are open to businesses all over the world who care about occupational health, safety and wellbeing. Applications must be made by site or business unit. To be eligible, a senior person at that site must confirm that since 1 January 2017, the site or business unit has NOT:
- Suffered any fatalities
- Been subject to any prohibition notices
- Been the subject of any convictions in relation to health and safety
- Had any ongoing criminal investigations or prosecutions pending in relation to this site/business unit
Please note that checks will be made and a false declaration will lead to disqualification.
We invite you to consult the FAQs for further guidance and details.
How to enter
To win one of our annual International Safety Awards, applicants are required to:
- Purchase entry licences
- Allocate licences to yourself or others to complete
- Answer a series of questions about their health and safety management which are marked by a panel of independent adjudicators
- Submit your application
Application guidance and information
Our range of support materials are designed to help you complete your International Safety Awards application.
When applying for an International Safety Award, put yourself forward for a Sector Award for outstanding sites and business units within your sector. This is free to any site/business unit completing an International Safety Award application.
2. Oil, gas, mining and quarrying
3. Power and utilities
4. Construction and property activities
5. Wholesale and retail services
6. Transportation, distribution and storage
7. Hospitality and catering
9. Health and social care
10. Not for profit
11. Financial, IT, legal, scientific, technical services and media
12. Local government, defence and public services
13. Onshore major hazard
|02 October 2017||Scheme opens|
|04 December 2017||Early bird offers end|
|05 February 2018||Submission deadline|
|09 March 2018||Results issued|
|12 March 2018||Results published|
|13 April 2018||International Safety Awards Gala Dinner booking deadline|
|27 April 2018||International Safety Awards Gala Dinner|