The 2018 awards mark the 39th consecutive year that the British Safety Council has awarded the Sword of Honour for health and safety management and the seventh year of awarding the Globe of Honour for excellence in environmental management.
Information for successful applicants
Benefits of the Sword and Globe of Honour awards
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent standards
- Promote your achievement with the winners' trophy, logo, certificate and press coverage
- Add this achievement to your tenders and corporate literature
- Motivate your workforce to strive for the highest standards.
You can also take advantage of excellent networking opportunity at the Luncheon, which brings together hundreds of like-minded industry leaders.
What are the Sword and Globe of Honour awards?
These awards celebrate the best of the best, giving great companies the recognition that they deserve.
Each year, business sites that have achieved a five-star result in one of the following audits are invited to apply:
- Five Star Occupational Health and Safety Audit
- Five Star Environmental Audit
- Five Star Integrated Health, Safety and Environmental Audit
- Combined Audit.
With a direct link to the Five Star Audit report, these awards require a detailed and objective evaluation of occupational health, safety and environmental management system(s) and associated arrangements.
Sword of Honour
The Sword of Honour award recognises commitment to excellent health and safety management standards. Any business site thas has achieved five stars in their Five Star Occupational Health and Safety Audit is invited to apply.
Applications are independently adjudicated by a panel of chartered health and safety professionals. The score of the Five Star Occupational Health and Safey Audit is directly linked to the Sword of Honour application process, with a maximum of 40% of the marks awarded to each application.
The Sword of Honour trophy is a hand-crafted, stainless steel ceremonial sword, specially created for award winners. Each sword is engraved with the year it is presented.
Globe of Honour
The Globe of Honour award recognises commitment to excellent environmental management standards. Any business site that has achieved five stars in their Five Star Environmental Audit may apply.
Applications are independently adjudicated by a panel of chartered environmental professionals. The score of the Five Star Environmental Audit is directly linked to the Globe of Honour application process, with a maximum of 40% of the marks awarded to each application.
The Globe of Honour is a hand-crafted, glass globe specially created for award winners. Each globe is engraved with the year it is presented.
How to apply
All organisations who have achieved five stars in their British Safety Council Five Star Audit are invited to apply.
- Check your email for your application and payment forms
- Review eligibility criteria
- Read the Guidance notes, marking scheme and 2017 Chief Adjudicators Report
- Complete and submit your application
- Check your email for your results
- Book your places at the celebratory Luncheon.