What is it?
Accreditation of an organisation’s OHSMS against the recognised British standard for health and safety management system standard.
Although fundamentally a British Standard, OHSAS 18001 has become one of the most popular health and safety management standard internationally.
We can provide independent certification for your health and safety managements system to the standard providing your stakeholders with assurance and confidence in your health and safety performance.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who require certification by external body of their OHSMS to recognised British standard.
It is suited to workplaces looking to effectively manage the risk of work-related accidents and ill health
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- External recognition of OHSMS recognised British standard
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health and safety
- Assurance of recognised standard for commercial tenders and proposals
- Improved efficiencies and standards
- Ongoing opportunity to demonstrate continual improvement within your organisation
Next stepsRequest a call back
The audit at a glance
Assessment of systems and operational effectiveness of OHSMS.
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Operational sampling
The audit can be conducted in two stages (see below) or alternatively in a “one off” initial compliance audit visit.
Stage one audit: This is primarily a document review of the safety management system to ensure the requirements of the standard are in place. Dependent upon the outcome of this stage, the auditor will recommend and agree the schedule and date for the stage two audit.
Stage two audit: This will involve a review and close out of any non-conformances identified within the stage one process, together with a sampling of effective implementation of the systems in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 standard. Following completion of audits you will be provided with a written report which will detail any areas of non-conformance and/or observations for improvement of existing systems.
What your organisation will receive from the audit
- Summary report
- Certification to standard
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour