What is it?
Accreditation of an organisations environmental management systems (EMS) against the recognised International standard for an EMS.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who require certification by external body of their EMS to the recognised international standard.
The ISO 14001 standard can be applied to any business (regardless of size or complexity) and has been designed to take a proactive approach to managing environmental issues and improving performance.
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- Improved management of environmental risk
- Reduces waste, energy, water and other raw material use
- Reduced emission and discharges
- Competitive edge in tender applications
- Engages stakeholders and can attract ethical investment
- Improve corporate responsibility and promote sustainability.External recognition of EMS to the recognised international standard
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward environmental management and responsibility
Next stepsRequest a call back
The audit at a glance
Assessment of systems and operational effectiveness of EMS to a recognised standard.
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Operational sampling
- The audit can be carried out in two stages (see below) or alternatively in a “one off” initial compliance audit visit.
Stage one audit: This is primarily a document review of the environmental management system to ensure the requirements of the standard are in place. Dependent upon the outcome of this stage, the auditor will recommend and agree the schedule and date for the stage two audit.
Stage two audit: This will involve a review and completion of any nonconformances identified within the stage one process, together with a sampling of effective implementation of the systems in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
What your organisation will receive from the audit
- Summary report
- Certification to standard
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour