We are on a journey to transform our business through technology and are looking for an ambitious, driven and accomplished Salesforce Developer to join our IT team. We are embracing the Salesforce roadmap, excited about their direction of travel and are evaluating the transition to lightning, ultimately, harnessing the power on Einstein, Wave Analytics and more.
We implemented Salesforce in 2011 as a Sales and Marketing platform. We have constantly evolved our instance so that 90% of our business activity is on platform. We have a proven history delivering business benefit on platform with past projects winning acclaim from suppliers and peers alike.
This is an exciting time to join our company, help shape and deliver our technical future as we move migrate to Salesforce Lightning, begin mobile app development, machine learning and humanised big data. If you are excited by exposure to these and other emerging technologies, you may be the candidate we are looking for.
Primary purpose of job
- Act as the primary internal development resource and Salesforce champion within the business. Supporting the migration to Lightning, liaising with external Salesforce integration partner as well as internal stakeholders.
- Design, build, modify, deploy and maintain Salesforce components, actions, workflows, processes, Apex code, Visual Force, batch jobs, API integrations and associated documentation and plans.
- Be responsible for delivering end to end technical solutions on platform. This will involve the creation of components, actions, Apex classes, triggers and VisualForce pages, the use of App builder and click configuration including process builder, validation rules, workflows etc.
- Interpret business requirements, formulate technical specifications and plans, build applications and components to deliver solutions.
- The role will coordinate with other stakeholders including, business users, internal Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and infrastructure roles as well as external agencies / suppliers when working on co-resourced projects.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and high-quality products is essential.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Build high quality, robust and scalable solutions adhering to best practice coding standards
- Work with our Business Analyst to understand and on deliver business requirements
- Create and maintain technical documentation to inform, specify and support the project
- Work with our Quality Assurance role throughout project lifecycle.
- Design, build and deliver robust, scalable and iterative solutions to deliver business goals.
- Ensure appropriate code repositories are used to maintain version control and enable branched code development to include developers.
- Help British Safety Council build a development framework within which quality is paramount.
- Advising on best practice testing coding methodologies, tools and frameworks.
- Representing the customer’s perspective in any project, and ensuring other project members are challenged with that viewpoint.
Skills & Experience
- In depth understanding of the Lightning Aura framework
- Demonstrable experience in migrating classic to Lightning, including refactoring VisualForce, ensuring existing apex and other functions are available and supported within Lightning, refactoring into where applicable.
- Demonstrable experience in creating Lightning components, actions etc.
- Demonstrable experience of writing Apex classes & triggers
- Demonstrable experience writing VisualForce pages and associated components
- Demonstrable experience of using Salesforce configuration
- Demonstrable experience of general Salesforce administration tasks
- Demonstrable exam experience of building system integrations using webservices / APIs
- In depth knowledge of batchable and queueable apex
- Strict adherence to the Salesforce best practices
- Adopt and click before code approach to development
- Experience working with Sales Cloud
- An interest in Mobile App development
- Able to implement a development framework with associated tools i.e. code repositories and structure i.e. test/dev environments, to ensure controlled end to end delivery
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and other members of the team to influence and understand requirements, build technical specifications and developer solutions.
- Strong analysis and reasoning skills
- Understanding of Agile processes and how to participate
- Ability to work under your own initiative, devising technical solutions in a scalable and best practice form.
- 25 days’ holidays, including holiday trading
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private Medical cover
- Dental health care cover
- Season ticket loan
- And many more other benefits
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Please click ‘Apply’ to read the full Job Description.