British Safety Council is looking for a commercial-minded Management Accountant to work in a broad, multi-product function. This is a varied role which will be focusing on the preparation of management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, managing the payroll, supporting the accounts payable function and conducting adhoc financial analysis to support the commercial decision making within the organisation.
The Finance team are currently going through a change in the way they work; hence, we are looking for a Management Accountant with a sharp personality who is willing to work in a hands-on capacity.
With a turnover exceeding £9million and over 120 staff, British Safety Council is committed to making a difference for workers through the health and safety aspects of their work.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is motivated in taking ownership and is able to work independently as well as within a team.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Prepare consolidated monthly management accounts for BSC and Mates in Mind including key metrics, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work with budget holders to ensure all costs are allocated correctly and key variances understood.
- Assist with year-end reporting and quarterly reporting.
- Support the Head of Finance with the budgeting process.
- Assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Support Head of Finance with statutory financial accounts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns.
- Play a key role in the Financial Force system upgrade.
- Pro-actively review controls, processes and reporting and to implement change where necessary.
- Assist in the co-ordination of all the various accounting functions.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information to the organisation including adhoc financial analysis as required on request.
- Deputise for Head of Finance when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified/QBE/Part-qualified with significant experience
- Business partnering
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- 5 years+ experience within a financial function;
- Experience of financial statutory reporting
- Evidence of technical accounting skills
- 25 days’ holidays
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private medical and dental cover, season ticket loan
- Free healthy breakfast and subsidise lunch