The Finance team are currently going through a change in the way they work; hence, we are looking for a Management Accountant, who is willing to work in a hands-on capacity.
With a turnover exceeding £9million and over 120 staff, British Safety Council is committed to making a difference for workers through the health and safety aspects of their work.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is motivated in taking ownership and is able to work independently as well as within a team.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Prepare consolidated monthly management accounts for BSC and Mates in Mind including key metrics, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work with budget holders to ensure all costs are allocated correctly and key variances understood.
- Assist with year-end reporting and quarterly reporting.
- Support the Head of Finance with the budgeting process.
- Assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Support Head of Finance with statutory financial accounts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns.
- Play a key role in the Financial Force system upgrade.
- Pro-actively review controls, processes and reporting and to implement change where necessary.
- Assist in the co-ordination of all the various accounting functions.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information to the organisation including adhoc financial analysis as required on request.
- Deputise for Head of Finance when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified/QBE/Part-qualified with significant experience
- Business partnering
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- 5 years+ experience within a financial function;
- Experience of financial statutory reporting
- Evidence of technical accounting skills
- 25 days’ holidays
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private medical and dental cover, season ticket loan
- Free healthy breakfast and subsidise lunch
Salary : Up to £50k depending on experience
Please click ‘Apply’ to read the full Job Description.