Our vision is a very simple one; that being ‘No one should be injured or made ill through their work’. In order to continue to be an influential voice within the health and safety sector as well as to step up our campaigning and lobbying activities, a new role has been created for a Head of Policy & Influencing.
Reporting to the Policy & Engagement Director, you will lead on British Safety Council’s policy development, campaigning, lobbying, thought leadership and public relations activity. The Head of Policy & Influencing will enhance British Safety Councils profile within media, journalists, external influencers, government, Parliament, the EU, industry regulators, local government and non-departmental public bodies.
The successful Head of Policy & Influencing will:
- have sound experience in the workings of government and parliamentary procedure;
- have excellent written English, speaking, networking and influencing skills;
- strong understanding of the external political environment and political developments;
- be able to evidence securing effective outcomes through campaigning, lobbying, research and advocacy activities;
- have broad experience at developing and driving public relations activity;
- have the ability to work collaboratively.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about making a true difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of millions of workers around the globe.
The role will require occasional travel.
Salary: Basic circa £60,000 per annum
What you need to do next?
We welcome applications from people with all backgrounds who share our values and are passionate about our vision, with the relevant experience, whether gained from the public, private or voluntary sectors.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'Apply' to read a more detailed job description and explanation of the benefits package. You will then be able to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for this role.