The Deputy Head of Qualifications will oversee the areas surrounding qualifications operations, compliance, development of relevant qualifications, approved centre management as well as maintenance of Awarding Organisation within SLAs and reporting against KPIs.
We are looking for a highly motivated and hands-on individual who is ambitious and committed in delivering the responsibilities of this important role. The Deputy Head of Qualifications will report directly to the Head of Qualifications and work with a team of eight within our Qualifications team.
The purpose of the role:
- Maintenance and delivery of qualifications in line with OFQUAL compliant procedures and operational running of the Awarding Organisation within requirements of regulatory framework and budget with a fit for purpose, efficient and effective operation.
- Managing the function of qualification development, marking, moderation and ongoing maintenance of all qualifications and assuring the appropriateness and rigour of all procedures and maintenance cycles, including reporting to the Board.
- Assist the Head of Qualifications in identifying opportunities to ensure that the product portfolio and service delivery generates the budgeted income and margin this by meeting customer needs as well as achieving parameters for each centre engagement, and delivery standards.
- Oversee all third party and supplier relationships, including sub-contractors and software suppliers.
- Lead the functional teams to deliver service delivery goals in line with the business plan objectives and strategic direction by ensuring clear reporting is in place.
- Optimise all services through the use of technology and ensuring a highly trained team as well as oversee the management of the adjudication of awards.
- Significant and relevant experience within the sector (Qualifications, OFQUAL and Awarding Organisation).
- A strong grasp of compliance product management issues and an understanding of delivering high performing services that are customer focused and commercially successful, within regulated frameworks.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with an understanding of how to motivate teams, excellent verbal and written communication.
- 25 days’ holidays
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private medical and dental cover
- Season ticket loan and many others benefits…
Job type: Full time, permanent
Salary: circa £45,000, depending on experience
Job location: Hammersmith, Greater London
Please click ‘Apply’ to read the full Job Description.