We have an exciting role for an enthusiastic and innovative Programme Office and Project Manager to join the team based at Hammersmith.
This challenging role will require the post holder to have a successful track record of developing, improving and delivering an effective Programme Office department. The role will require a strong character to ensure standards are maintained; ensuring that the best practices and PMO principles are used across the organisation is paramount. A passion for using different project methodologies such as PRINCE2 and Agile is essential.
The post holder will be managing the smooth running of the Programme Office so that it provides a central control of projects. The Programme Office and Project Manager will ensure to deliver their projects on time, helping to remove blockers that they face and providing support, processes and templates in all areas of delivery.
If you have experience working in a successful programme management with oversight of multiple, unrelated projects in one organisation and implementing new project or programme methodologies, this may be the position for you.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills in order to build on the relationships with colleagues as well as maintain strong accuracy and attention to detail.
Brief Description of Tasks
Working across various business units, the Programmer Office and Project Manager will:
- Generate plans using appropriate tools, methods and systems to produce comprehensive overviews of a given project.
- Ensure all project management tools are set up and used by participants and observers.
- Oversee the population of project backlogs, and ensure good standards in requirements and project documentation, intervene as necessary to resolve blockages, problems and uncertainties as they arise.
- Manage appropriate resource for the project and identify and manage the dependencies within and between projects to ensure these are factored into plans.
- Liaise between departments and stakeholders to ensure project aims are understood and met.
- Generation and distribution of reports and other communications to regularly capture project progress and state.
- Supporting the Business Case stage of the process, ensuing all data is needed in the Business Case for the Exec team to be able to make a decision on the project.
- Overseeing the project approval process.
- Ensuring budgets are allocated at the outset and tracked by project managers from the outset.
- Monitoring programme and project progress and holding projects to account.
- Escalating risks and issues when needed
- Manage the central resource planning & issues across the portfolio
- Production of programme reporting and collation of inputs for management meetings.
- Generate and maintain an overall programme plan for the organisation using appropriate tools.
- Ensure project governance standards are met, that all project reporting (risks, issues, progress, etc.) is managed and all programme documentation is produced to required standards.
- Supporting delivery of projects across the portfolio, ensuring projects are being well managed.
- Provide training to BSC staff on delivery methodologies / project and programme delivery related topics.
- Raise awareness of project management principles and help to drive project management culture in the organization – including induction of managers and staff.
- The planning and timely delivery of those projects (usually large and complex) which are not managed by line managers.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrable track record of previous project delivery of digital transformation projects.
- Highly developed organisational and project management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and drive for consistency
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a proven track record of leadership across functional lines that delivers business results required.
- Strong experience using Jira
- Strong technology understanding
- Experience working with Salesforce
- 25 days’ holidays
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private Medical and dental Cover (on completion of probationary period)
- Season ticket loan and many others benefits
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Job Location: Hammersmith, Greater London