It is not too late to book a place at the British Safety Council’s annual conference.
‘Health and Safety – What’s Next?’ taking place in London on Wednesday 23 September and hear from our new Chief Executive, Mike Robinson. This year’s annual conference is forward looking, tackling key issues concerning the regulation and management of health and safety.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kevin Myers, Director General Regulation, HSE
- Steve Hails, Health and Safety Director, Crossrail
- Gill Sellars, Health and Safety and Human Resource Director, Unipart Group
- Laura Cameron, Partner and Head of Regulatory, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Chris Rhodes, Chief Nursing Officer, Fit for Work Service
- Geoffrey Podger, former Chief Executive, HSE and Visiting Fellow, King’s College London.
Neal Stone, Deputy Chief Executive of the British Safety Council, said: “The British Safety Council is committed to continue its work to promote greater awareness around workplace risks and help organisations of all sizes in all sectors effectively manage these risks.
“There have been some significant changes in the health and safety landscape over the last few years including how the risk of injury and ill health in the workplace is regulated and enforced. There are still many issues concerning workplace health and safety that we are grappling to properly understand including around competence and qualifications, health and well-being, enforcement and penalties for non-compliance. This conference enables our members not only to hear from key stakeholders and opinion formers but share their knowledge about how their organisations are rising to the many and varied challenges of keeping their workforce safe.”
For the full programme and to book go to: www.britsafe.org/whatsnext